Heritage EchoHeritage Echo
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Sports
  • Culture and Tradition
  • Education
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Religion
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Security News
Reading: N570bn Hardship Grant: FG Didn’t Give Any State Money, It’s Another Misrepresentation Of Fact – Makinde
Share
Heritage EchoHeritage Echo
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Sports
  • Culture and Tradition
  • Education
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Religion
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Security News
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Sports
  • Culture and Tradition
  • Education
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Religion
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Security News
  • Advertise
© 2026 Heritage Echo. Website Designed by Samtech Media
News

N570bn Hardship Grant: FG Didn’t Give Any State Money, It’s Another Misrepresentation Of Fact – Makinde

Opeyemi Rasheed
Opeyemi Rasheed
2 years ago
Share
Share:

Oyo State Governor ‘Seyi Makinde, has reacted to the ‘N570bn Hardship Grants’ the federal government claimed to have released to the 36 states across the nation to expand livelihood support to their citizens, following the protest against hunger and hardship in the country.

According to Newsbreak reports, Makinde, who reacted through the latest edition of his Newsletter, on Thursday, stated that the claim by the FG was another case of misrepresentation of facts.

While saying that the said funds were part of the World Bank-assisted NG-CARES project—a Programme for Results intervention, He noted that the Federal Government only served as the the conduit through which the reimbursements were made to States for money already spent.

The newsletter read, “The recent protests against food inflation and general hardship reflect the broader issues our nation faces. And again, bring to the fore the need to focus on reshaping our approach to overcoming our economic challenges.

“Before I speak more on further actions we have taken to show our commitment to productivity and sustainability, let me respond to a long message I received earlier in the week from a concerned citizen. The message was about a purported N570 billion Hardship Fund “given” to the 36 States by the Federal Government. I was queried about what I used the money for.

“Let me state categorically that this is yet another case of misrepresentation of facts. The said funds were part of the World Bank-assisted NG-CARES project—a Programme for Results intervention.

“The World Bank facilitated an intervention to help States in Nigeria with COVID-19 Recovery. CARES means COVID-19 Action Recovery Economic Stimulus. It was called Programme for Results because States had to use their money in advance to implement the programme.

“After the World Bank verified the amount spent by the State, it reimbursed the States through the platform provided at the Federal level.

“The Federal Government did not give any State money; they were simply the conduit through which the reimbursements were made to States for money already spent.

“It is important to note that the World Bank fund is a loan to States, not a grant. So, States will need to repay this loan. Note also that NG-CARES, which we christened Oyo-CARES in our State, predates the present federal administration.

“So, in direct response to the message, the Federal Government did not give Oyo State any money. We were reimbursed funds (N5.98 billion in the first instance and N822 million in the second instance) we invested in the three result areas of NG-CARES, which includes inputs distribution to smallholder farmers within our State. In fact, when the World Bank saw our model for the distribution of inputs preceded by biometric capturing of beneficiary farmers, they adopted it as the NG-CARES model.

“Oyo State has always led in ensuring transparency in any donor-facilitated interventions. This is why we are always picked as one of the subnational beneficiaries. We are exhibiting the same level of transparency in another World Bank-Facilitated project, the Livestock Productivity and Resilience Support (L-PRES) Project. I spoke about this in my last newsletter.

“This project is designed to create a resilient livestock landscape, leveraging our comparative advantage in dairy, goat and sheep farming, poultry, and piggery. You may follow this link to register as a livestock farmer in Oyo State. I will speak more about this project at the official flag-off.

“We continue to embrace every opportunity to break from the norm as we implement projects and policies in the agriculture sector, which we identified since 2019 as one of the focal areas in building a sustainable economy. Agriculture as a business requires substantial investment. While we continue to invest in and support our smallholder farmers, we know we cannot rely solely on them to ensure food security; we need to think bigger.

“We also acknowledge that Oyo State alone cannot bring Nigeria out of its economic difficulties. What we can do is provide a model for others to follow.

“As I take a brief pause from my usual duties for four weeks, I am confident that the structures we have put in place will continue to drive our State forward. Thank you for your unwavering support and understanding. Together, we can create a model of productivity and resilience that can inspire the entire nation.”


Share:

You Might Also Like

Alayande Varsity Celebrates 2024 World Environment Day
Ibadan North LG Boss, Olufade, Celebrates Workers On May Day, Welcomes Nigerians To New Month
Your Attainment As Oyo HoS Not A Small Achievement — Makinde Congratulates Oni
Rev. Dr. Sumbo Sangogade Expresses Gratitude to Well-Wishers for Overwhelming Birthday Felicitations
Hon. Kazim Adeyinka Bibire Condoles Hon. Sheriff Adeojo on the Passing of His Father, Chief Yekini Adeojo
TAGGED:FG Didn't give any State MoneyHeritage Echo NewsHeritageecho.comIt's another misrepresentation of factsN570bn Hardship LoanOyo GovtOYSGSeyi Makinde
Previous Article Beaded Crown: Aare Makanjuola, Chief Bode Amoo, CCII, Y. K. Abass Pay Joint Visit To Ladoja, Express Appreciation
Next Article Ona Ara LG Boss Lauds Jubril Dotun Sanusi for Infrastructure Support as Road Rehabilitation Kicks off
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

2.2kLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow

Latest

2027: The Journey of Continuity Begins
News
EVERY AUGUST 21ST: Another Year, Another Chapter Of Grace —Heritage Echo Publisher
News
JDS Celebrates Traditional Worshippers on Isese Day 2026, Urges Prayers for Tinubu, Oyo State, Nigeria
News
Agribusiness: Ashamu Begins Empowerment Drive in Oyo Town, Targets 120 Beneficiaries
News
Oyo Lawmaker Comforter, Celebrates Isese Day, Urges Traditional Worshippers to Pray for Peace, Unity & Progress
News
© 2026 Heritage Echo. Website Designed by Samtech Media
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?