Heritage EchoHeritage Echo
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Sports
  • Culture and Tradition
  • Education
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Religion
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Security News
Reading: Breaking: Gunmen Attack Gov Adeleke’s Convoy After Ataoja Palace Visit
Share
Heritage EchoHeritage Echo
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Sports
  • Culture and Tradition
  • Education
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Religion
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Security News
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Sports
  • Culture and Tradition
  • Education
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Religion
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Security News
  • Advertise
© 2026 Heritage Echo. Website Designed by Samtech Media
News

Breaking: Gunmen Attack Gov Adeleke’s Convoy After Ataoja Palace Visit

Opeyemi Rasheed
Opeyemi Rasheed
1 minute ago
Share
Share:

Suspected thugs on Wednesday attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, shortly after he left the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji, leading to an exchange of gunfire between the assailants and security personnel attached to the governor.

The incident, which reportedly lasted between 12 and 15 minutes, occurred shortly after Adeleke had concluded a visit to the monarch.

The governor arrived at the Ataoja’s palace at about 3:15pm in a convoy of roughly 20 vehicles after collecting his Certificate of Return from the Independent National Electoral Commission in Osogbo following his re-election.

An eyewitness, who spoke with our correspondent on condition of anonymity, said Adeleke and his entourage were received by the monarch, during which the governor reportedly presented his Certificate of Return to the traditional ruler.

She said the situation became tense as the meeting was coming to an end, shortly after the monarch had offered prayers.

According to the eyewitness, Adeleke had already left the hall through an exit used by the monarch and his wives and was in his vehicle with some close aides when gunshots suddenly rang out.

“He was already in the bus that brought him and his close aides to the palace when we started hearing heavy gunshots,” she said.

“Those that attacked came in an unregistered Sienna space bus through the Ita Olokan area of Osogbo. The shooting lasted for about 12 to 15 minutes before the governor’s convoy eventually left the palace.

“The governor’s security men and those hoodlums exchanged gunfire before the attackers fled the scene.”

A trader operating close to the palace, identified simply as Munirat, said the attackers may have known about Adeleke’s visit and allegedly positioned themselves ahead of his arrival.

“We suspected that those hoodlums heard about Adeleke’s visit and had been waiting for him. They came in a Sienna space bus. They even damaged the main gate to the palace,” she said.

“They shot at the palace main gate, but the security men pushed them back. We all ran away and left our wares.

“They also engaged the governor near the Osogbo Central Mosque before they fled towards Ita Olokan along the Osogbo-Ilesa Road.”

The shooting sent residents and traders in the area into panic, with several people abandoning their shops and businesses and running for safety.

Confirming the incident, the Osun State Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Kolapo Alimi, said the attackers were repelled by the governor’s security personnel.

“They are hoodlums, and the governor’s security repelled them. They attacked the governor’s convoy at Ataoja’s palace. No casualty,” Alimi said.

As of 4:45pm, when our correspondent left the area, sporadic gunshots could still be heard around the vicinity, while several business owners had hurriedly closed their shops amid fears of further violence.


Share:

You Might Also Like

Oyo Youth Agency Chairman Commends Planet 3R for Empowering 97 Youths
Residents Cheer as KSA Delivers Solar-Powered Borehole to Eruwa Community
Re-run Election: PDP Picks Folajimi Oyekunle DON to Reclaim Ibadan North Seat
Birthday: Hon. Kazim Adeyinka Bibire Hails Oyo Lawmaker, Babajide Gabriel @41
Makinde’s Creative Vision Takes Shape as Omololu Oluloyo Park Nears Completion —Kazum Abiola, Member, GSM Advocates
TAGGED:Breaking: Gunmen Attack Gov Adeleke’s Convoy After Ataoja Palace VisitHeritage Echo NewsHeritageecho.com
Previous Article BREAKING: Oyo Town Set for First Gated Estate as Royal Colony Partners Housing Corporation
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

2.2kLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow

Latest

BREAKING: Oyo Town Set for First Gated Estate as Royal Colony Partners Housing Corporation
News
Who is Engineer Toheeb Adegoke? |By Apostle Asimiyu
News
2027: Ashamu Reiterates Commitment to Transformative Representation in Oyo Federal Constituency
News
Falana Expresses Heartfelt Gratitude for Birthday Wishes, Reaffirms Commitment to Youth Devt
News
Rep Agboworin congratulates Shangodoyin on birthday anniversary
News
© 2026 Heritage Echo. Website Designed by Samtech Media
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?