Heritage EchoHeritage Echo
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Sports
  • Culture and Tradition
  • Education
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Religion
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Security News
Reading: BREAKING: Oyo Bars New Express Way to Trailers
Share
Heritage EchoHeritage Echo
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Sports
  • Culture and Tradition
  • Education
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Religion
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Security News
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Sports
  • Culture and Tradition
  • Education
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Religion
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Security News
  • Advertise
© 2026 Heritage Echo. Website Designed by Samtech Media
News

BREAKING: Oyo Bars New Express Way to Trailers

Opeyemi Rasheed
Opeyemi Rasheed
2 years ago
Share
Share:

The Oyo State Government has banned heavy-duty trucks and trailers from utilizing the newly commissioned Iseyin-Fapote-Ogbomoso Expressway .

In a statement by the Hon. Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Prince Dotun Oyelade said that the decision became necessary in safeguarding the integrity of the road which is pivotal for enhancing agrarian transportation, trade, and intercity commuting.

The Commissioner further stressed that the Ministry of Public Works had to act immediately to prevent damage to the expressway, which was designed for lighter vehicles such as cars and buses.

According to the Commissioner for Public Works, Professor Dawoud Sangodoyin, The move came in response to the diversion of heavy-duty vehicles from the incomplete federal government Ibadan-Oyo-Ogbomosho Road.

He emphasized the importance of the expressway in boosting the state’s economy.

“This road was designed primarily to link the state’s agrarian transportation, traders, and intercity commuters, all targeting the development of Oyo State’s economy” he said

He added that the incursion of heavy trailers could structurally affect the road, despite its resilience, and defeat the purpose for which it was built.

“Only buses, cabstars, and cars are permitted to use the route until further notice.” He noted.

The Commissioner said that the Iseyin-Fapote-Ogbomoso Expressway, spanning 76.67 kilometers through previously uncharted terrain of lakes and rocks, was commissioned on May 30, 2024.

He added that project is expected to enhance transportation and economic activities within the state.


Share:

You Might Also Like

Eid El-Fitr; Agba’Akin Akika Sends Greetings to Muslims, Prays for Oyo State
Oyo Lawmaker Babajide, Extols Resilient Spirit Of Nigerians, Extends Warm Christmas To Christian
Oyo Fire Service Agency Felicitates Gov Makinde On His 58th Birthday, Extends Christmas Greetings to Residents
Just In: Oyo APC Chairman, Omodewu Dies
Upgraded Ibadan Airport’ll boost investors’ confidence in Oyo–VP, Nat’l Association of Nig. Travel Agency
TAGGED:Heritage Echo NewsHeritageecho.comOyo Bars new Expressway to trailersOyo GovtOYSG
Previous Article Birthday: Ibadan North Council Chairman, Olufade Celebrates His Predecessor, Hon. Waheed Akanbi Omojobiiro
Next Article Project 10Million: Oyo Set to Screen Over 300,000 Residents
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

2.2kLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow

Latest

Fire Engulfs Railway Shopping Complex in Ibadan
News
“Eniyan L’aso Mi”: Heritage Echo Publisher, Opeyemi Rasheed Socrates, Thanks Well-wishers on Birthday
News
2027: KSA Hits Ido LG with Grassroots Mobilisation, Donates ₦500,000
News
Osun naira rain: How APC, Accord splashed N100bn
News
Seyi Makinde to Commence Tour of the 6 Geopolitical Zones to Engage with Nigerians
News
© 2026 Heritage Echo. Website Designed by Samtech Media
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?