Heritage EchoHeritage Echo
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Sports
  • Culture and Tradition
  • Education
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Religion
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Security News
Reading: Transfer Saga: Osimhen Finally Asks To Leave Napoli
Share
Heritage EchoHeritage Echo
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Sports
  • Culture and Tradition
  • Education
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Religion
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Security News
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Sports
  • Culture and Tradition
  • Education
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Religion
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Security News
  • Advertise
© 2026 Heritage Echo. Website Designed by Samtech Media
Sports

Transfer Saga: Osimhen Finally Asks To Leave Napoli

Opeyemi Rasheed
Opeyemi Rasheed
2 years ago
Share
Share:

Following a series of transfer speculations on Napoleon bond Super Eagles Striker, Victor Osimhen, the Italian club has requested the striker to leave the club.

This development could see Napoli hold talks with Premiership Club, Chelsea FC as Napoli are keen interest in signing Romelu Lukaku as a replacement.

The impressive performance of the Lagos-born has been heavily linked with different top European clubs.

According to the Punch report, Chelsea have been handed a major boost in their pursuit of Victor Osimhen after Napoli director Giovanni Manna confirmed that the Nigeria striker has requested to leave the Italian club.

The Blues have agreed a deal to sign Atletico Madrid’s Samuel Omorodion, but they are still in dire need of a striker capable of guaranteeing them goals and remain keen on signing Osimhen from Napoli.

The 25-year-old Osimhen is said to be ranking prominently on their wish list to lead their line during the 2024/25 season.

The Lagos-born has emerged as one of the most sought-after strikers in Europe, having been linked with moves to Chelsea, Arsenal, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United, and Liverpool, among others, following impressive seasons with Napoli.

However, his hefty €130 million release clause has scared off many suitors, with the Blues the only European club still keen on signing him after PSG went silent on the Nigerian.

Osimhen was absent again for Napoli’s Coppa Italia first-round fixture against Modena at the Stadio Maradona on Saturday night.

The Nigerian has not featured in any of Napoli’s pre-season fixtures and their last appearance in an Azzurri shirt was in the club’s 0-0 draw against Lecce on the final day of the 2023/24 Serie A season.

Speaking on Osimhen’s situation, Manna confirmed that the striker was not part of Antonio Conte’s plan as he wished to leave the club.

“Victor Osimhen has asked to leave the club,” the club’s director said.

“He wants to go. The situation is clear; there were already chances for his exit last summer. Victor wants to leave. We will see in the next 20 days.”

“Victor is a player who wants to leave, and last year there was already a situation in place. We are calm because we have players in the squad ready to replace him.

“Osimhen is a strong player, but we want to protect the integrity of the group, and we prefer to protect the harmony of the group. But we will see what happens over the next 20 days.”

This development could see Napoli hold talks with Chelsea as the 2022/23 Serie A champions are keen on signing Romelu Lukaku from Stamford Bridge.

Osimhen’s agent, Roberto Calenda, has rejected the possibility of a swap or a loan deal this season. However, with the striker wanting to move away from Napoli as soon as possible, he may be forced to make the switch on Chelsea’s demands.

Osimhen joined Napoli from Lille in the 2020 summer for a club record fee of €70m plus another €10m in bonuses.

The former Wolfsburg player has been in top form for the Parthenopeans for the past two seasons, guiding them to their first Scudetto in over three decades in the 2022/23 season, scoring 26 league goals, which earned him the top scorer award.


Share:

You Might Also Like

Ogundoyin Leads Conference of Speakers Delegation on Metaverse Technology Course in China
Oyo Fire Service Prevents Major Disaster as 66,000-Litre Petrol Tanker Overturns in Ogbomoso
Hon. Adebayo Babajide Gabriel Celebrates Oyo Housing Corporation Chairman, Hon. Ademola Omotosho, on His 63rd Birthday
Alaafin’s Ultimatum: No Matter How Diligent, a Driver Is Never a Member of the Family — Prince Siyanbola Replies to Ooni Media Aides
Musawa Flags Off Zuma International Film Festival 2024.
TAGGED:Finally ask to leave NapoliHeritage Echo NewsHeritageecho.comTransfer SagaVictor Osimhen
Previous Article “Shelve Gubernatorial Campaigns For Now” —Jubril Dotun Sanusi Urges Supporters
Next Article Paris 2024: Nigeria’s Shameful Olympics Outing
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

2.2kLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow

Latest

Seyi Makinde to Commence Tour of the 6 Geopolitical Zones to Engage with Nigerians
News
TESKAD Estate: Oyo Alaafin Set for New Residential Development as TESKAD Partners Housing Corporation
News
Oyo Speaker Ogundoyin Accepts Omigborotiti’s Resignation, Wishes Him Quick Recovery —Chief of Staff
News
2027: The Journey of Continuity Begins
News
EVERY AUGUST 21ST: Another Year, Another Chapter Of Grace —Heritage Echo Publisher
News
© 2026 Heritage Echo. Website Designed by Samtech Media
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?