Members representing Oorelope/ Olorunsogo/ Irepo federal constituency at the lower chamber of the National Assembly, Hon. Olumide Ojerinde, has assured his constituents dividends of democracy with quality representation.
He said this, during a meida Chat in Abuja, where he gave account of his stewardship within the last two years as a lawmaker.
Hon. Olumide said, “Upon my assumption of office on 11th June, 2019. The tempo of development, progress and constituency projects under my stewardship was steady and unprecedented, despite the scourge of Covid-19 pandemic.
“We were able to achieve the following scorecard in my constituents so far;
- I have pushed forth some initiatives/bills that appealed to the middle and lower classes.
- Bill for the establishment of Federal Medical Center, Igboho (awaiting third reading)
- Bill for the establishment of the college of Education, Igbeti (awaiting second reading)
- Bill for the establishment of federal university of agriculture, Igboho (awaiting second reading)
- Bill for the establishment of federal polytechnic, Kishi (awaiting second reading)
- Bill for an act to establish a national cassava processing plant in Igbeti, Oyo State.
i. Need to improve the security situation around Kisi and old Oyo national Park
ii. The urgent need to regulate the activities of private school operators over the welfare of private school teachers in Nigeria.
iii. Devastating fire outbreak at the Araromi auto spare parts market, Agodi Gate, Ibadan, Oyo state. Combine with 12 others.
As a member of the House of Representatives, I serve on a variety of committees as a member:
Constituency outreach, ecological fund.
Privatization and communication.
During Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, relief materials worth millions of naira were
EMPOWERMENT & TRAINING PROGRAMS
- FARMERS INTERACTIVE FORUM/ FACILITATION ON MAJOR CROPS AND SEEDLINGS FOR 1000 FARMERS IN IREPO OORELOPE OLORUNSOGO. 21st Sept, 2019.
- SKILL ACQUISITION OF 250 WOMEN AND YOUTHS ON COSMETOLOGY IN THE FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY. OCT, 2019.
- TRAINING AND SUPPLY OF 250 EMPOWERMENT STARTER PACKS TO WOMEN AND YOUTHS IN THE FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY. DEC, 2019
- TRAINING AND SUPPLY OF EMPOWERMENT STARTER PACK FOR ARTESIAN MEN AND WOMEN IN EACH LOCAL GOVERNMENT. MARCH 2020
- CASH GRANT OF #10,000 EACH TO 250 MARKET WOMEN AND YOUTHS THE FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY.
- SKILL ACQUISTION FOR 250 WOMEN IN COMESTOLOGY. BENEFICIARIES WERE GIVEN CASH GRANT COMPLETE TOOLS AND CERTIFICATES. DECEMBER 2020
TRAINING OF 100 FARMERS ON MECHANISED FARMING BY NDE. BENEFICIARIES WEWE GIVEN 100 PUMPING MACHINES AND 70 PLANTERS. DECEMBER, 2020
- 1500 FARM SEEDLINGS AND HERBICIDES WERE DISTRIBUTED TO FARMERS TO BOOST PRODUCTION IN THE NEW FARMING YEAR. FEBRUARY, 2021,
CONTRIBUTION TO SECURITY
- DONATION OF PATROL VEHINCLES TO THE LOCAL VIGILANTE GROUPS IN THE FEDERAL. AUGUST, 2020
- CONSTRUCTION OF MATERNITY CENTER IN IGBOHO BY OLUMIDE OJERINDE FOUNDATION.
- STREET LIGHTING WITH SOLAR LIGHTS, DECEMBER 2020
- RENOVATION AND FURNITURE OF 2 BLOCK OF CLASS ROOMS IN EACH LGS, 3PER BLOCK (6) PER LGs. IN ALL WE ARE PRESENTLY RENOVATING 18 CLASS ROOMS.
The federal lawmaker now used the medium to seek for maximum support, adding that more developmental project will soon be executed as bills for federal medical centre, University of agriculture awaiting third reading.