The former Caretaker Chairman of Atiba Local Government, Offa meta, Oyo, Honourable Ibrahim Sulaiman Akinkunmi, has eulogise the Executive Governor of Oyo State, Engr. Seyi Makinde for the rare opportunity bestowed on him to pilot the affairs of the Royal Council, Atiba. For his landmark achievements.
According to the release made available to Heritageecho.com, through his media aide, Ganiyu Abiola Babs, he said, he appreciate God almighty for the privilege to achieve indelible land mark during his 15month tenure as the caretaker Committee.
The former Council Boss in his good will message, appreciate the entire caretaker Committee members,Management team of the Royal council, the HLGA, Directors adding that without their support, his record of achievement would have be in futility.
He now used the medium to acknowledge the support of the local government party Chairman, Alhaji Muideen Tijani, all local and ward Excos for their time to time support.
He added that, during his 15months tenure, with the opportunity to serve by His Excellency and the good people of the royal council (Atiba), below were some of what he was able to achieve in office;
CONSTRUCTION AND RENOVATION
Renovation of a block of classrooms in
(i) L.A. Primary School Oke Olola, Oyo
(ii) Demonstration Primary School Oke Ebo, Oyo.
Correction of Gbanta to Adikuta drainage Phase I and II
Drilling of a motorized borehole in;
(i) Ijawaya Village
(ii) Okedoyin Village
(iii) Agbaakin/Ajiroba Village
(iv) Oke Ogun Compd, Agunpopo, Oyo
(vii) Oke Loogun
Palliative measures on water project where water tankers were used to distribute water across wards in Atiba Local Government. This lasted for not less than three months.
Distribution of Covid 19 relief food package.
Distribution of Ramadan food relief package.
Gift items to the First babies of the year 2020 and 2021.
DREDGING AND CHANNELISATION
- Sakutu ( Isunwin stream)
- Oyagbe to God’s Mercy
- Alaafin High school area ( Baba Aare’s house to Oyagbe)
- Olodogbo to Tola
- Tola to Oremeji
- Oremeji to God’s Mercy
- Akunlemu to Agbaluasa
- Baago to Adikuta
- Adikuta to Taku
- Taku to Lagbodoko
- Lagbodoko to Sakutu
- Alowolodu stream to Oremeji, Opp. God’s Blessing School
- Boroboro Stream from the Trunk A Road.
GRADING OF ROADS
Villages roads which include roads that link Busari to Onire Bara, Okedoyin, Lagunna, Waro, Ikolaba, etc.
- Opening up Adeyemi Adeniyi Scheme, long abandoned years ago.
- Opening up Olaoba Community
Some other roads include;
- Yah Lateef street
- Alh. Adebayo street
- Unity street
- Sheikh Hadi street
- Oyero street
- Divine Touch street
- Alaga Street
- Adekojo Ademola street
- Church Street
- Iya Alate street
- Ogunrinde street
- Olubiyi street
- Kanga Meta street
- Irewole street 2
- Irewole street 3
- Ayegbami street 11
- Ayegbami street 13
- Ayegbami street 14
- Ayegbami street 15 EDUCATION
- Free CBT training for over 1000 UTME students ( internal and external students in both private and public secondary Schools in Atiba Local Government.
- Distribution of Compendium ( Questions and Answers) to Primary 6 pupils in Atiba Local Government and teachers’ copies to our private primary Schools.
- Renovation of a block of classrooms in two primary Schools in Atiba
- Sponsorship of 5 indigenous students in First Technical University, Ibadan. SECURITY
- Regular peace and security meetings with all security agents and the concerned stakeholders.
- Necessary support for all the security agents in the Council for easy discharge of their duties. GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
Regular and prompt salary payment of workers as campaigned, promised and fulfilled by our dear Governor.
- Distribution of hybrid maize seeds and chemicals to farmers
- Distribution of Cassava stems named TSS419 and chemicals to farmers
- Ploughing of one acre of land per farmer for over 300 farmers
- Provision of potable water in some of our villages.
- Distribution of broiler chicks, feeds and medication to youth farmers. HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL
a. Sensitization programmes on sanitation.
b. Regular sanitation exercise
c. Evacuation of heaps of refuse from dumpsites like;
- Aibu/Onidaade dumpsite
- Sembe dumpsite
- Olorieru dumpsite
- Arikende dumpsite
- Aseeni/Onilu dumpsite
- Sasa Eniyan dumpsite
d. Free eye treatment and provision of free drugs and glasses
e. Campaign against rape
f. Campaign against Covid 19 pandemic
g. Provision of Covid 19 preventive materials such as buckets, facemasks, hand sanitizers, etc. EMPOWERMENT
The empowerment was basically on AGRIBUSINESS which aims at encouraging our people to see farming as the only source of food and also a lucrative business. People were provided with;
~ farm inputs such as seeds and chemicals.
~Free ploughing of farmlands for our people.
~ Distribution of day old broiler chicks, feeds and medication to youth farmers.
~Cash gifts to over 100 youths.