The African Democratic Congress (ADC),Oyo State Chapter has shown interest to participate in the forthcoming local government elections.
According to the Party Publicity Secretary, Barrister Bimpe Adelowo, said, Sequel to the Notice, Timetables and guidelines as released by OYSIEC on 12th day of February 2021, and after due consultation with party stakeholders and National Secretariat of our party, the State Executive Committee wish to inform our esteemed members as follows;
The statement reads;
LOCAL GOVT. ELECTIONS 2021 PARTICIPATION NOTICE.
- Our great party African Democratic Congress shall participate in the 2021 Elections into all 33 Local govt. Areas, and all 351 councillorship seats as scheduled and as it will be conducted, organised and supervised by OYSIEC.
- State Executive Committee is now calling on all our esteemed members in their respective wards and Local govt. across the state who may be interested in contesting for any available post in the coming LG elections to indicate their interest in writing.
- Any interested persons shall write an expression of Interest Letter which shall be endorsed at least by 10 members from his/her Ward for councillorship elections; and at least 20 members across two third (2/3) of all Wards in the Local govt area he/she intends to contest election for Local govt. Chairmanship post.
- Any interested member desires to contest election shall address the letter of interest to the State Chairman of the party through the Senatorial Chairman of his/her senatorial district.
- The letter of interest shall be submitted to the respective senatorial chairman on or before 4pm of 24th February, 2022.
B.Eligibility for Expression of Interest.
- He or she must a member of the party in the ward.
- He/she must have attained the age of 25 years.
- He/she must be educated up to at least school certificate level or its equivalent with evidence of attendance.
- He/she must be a registered voter in the ward or local govt in which he/she intends to contest the election.
- He/she must be in compliance with all conditions set by the OYSIEC; except where a fee involves.
Further directive shall be given from time to time.